Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Nothing is More Boring Than Reading Someone Else's Diet Log

Except maybe writing one. Still doing reasonably well. After my cheat day I did have a little bit of a GI disturbance, but since then have been doing mostly fine. I did notice that when I wander into the kitchen, I'm often not hungry, just bored. Amazing what happens when you actually pay attention to your eating habits. Instead I'll leave you with a self-motivation game I play, called "time machine".

Ever get frustrated at something you did in the past (or more likely, didn't do) and wish you had a time machine so you could go back and change it? Try this instead: think of what you will be frustrated about five years, ten years from now and wish you had a time machine to fix. Guess what? You do. You just traveled back in time from the future, and you're here. Fix it. Related: when you think of how stupid you were five or ten years ago, that's a good sign that you've gotten smarter.

Consequently, I worry if ever I'm not frustrated with how stupid I used to be.

2 comments:

Derek (100 Peaks) said...

I usually tell myself, "Be nice to your future self." That helps. :)

Michael Caton said...

Ha! I'm not nice to any version of myself. One change at a time is what leads to success right?