Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chocolate Associated with Lower BMI

This is not one of my usual "ha ha, I'm in medical school and have a crappy diet and generally abuse myself" posts. This is a link to a real paper that just came out in the Archives of Internal Medicine: Association Between More Frequent Chocolate Consumption and Lower Body Mass Index, by Beatrice Golomb et al.


Above: Stay away. Toxic sludge.


To be clear, the above is a serious, peer-reviewed paper, Dr. Golomb is a real professor and these are real results. The following is not, but it's very funny: Goading crocodiles every day 'makes you thinner'. Says one crocodile-goader: "'Either I'd had a bad day at work or had been dumped by some bastard and my immediate response would be to put on my PJs, grab a stick and poke a crocodile in the face.'"

No comments: