Sunday, February 18, 2018

Point Reyes - Out on the Peninsula



Looking north from the very tip.

Point Reyes is beautiful, but it's getting oversubscribed. There was a crowd on the trail to the end of the peninsula Saturday. And it's not just the out-of-towners; the San Franciscans are not any better at driving. The towns around it like Point Reyes Station used to be a sleepy little single-block town, and now you fight for parking. Even the little grocery stores in Inverness are getting ridiculous. Either way - still saw plenty of elk and bird life and heard some seals talking. And came down with peroneal tendonopathy (maybe that's why I'm cranky...)














Because I am a mature and respectable individual I shall refrain from making jokes about "the tip" and I expect the same from you as a reader of my blog.



Below: the elk are just about as populous as I've ever seen them. 3 or 4 large herds, just from the trailhead to the end of the peninsula.







No comments: