Saturday, December 9, 2017

Very Low Carb Day 8

Day 8:
  • Whole milk with protein powder
  • One hard boiled egg
  • One can of tuna
  • Whole milk with protein powder
  • Six slices of turkey
  • Ahi tuna with sesame
  • (and then cheat day began (at sunset, as the sabbath.)
  • ~10 horse derbs contained crackers and cheese but also meat)
  • glass of wine
  • 2 pieces of bread
  • 10 crackers
  • brie and parmesan cheese
Workout: none

Effects: none noted. Also, reading about Atkins (which basically this diet is), I saw that there's not a lot of good data on weight loss compared to other diets. It seems to me that many diets converge on weight loss via the same mechanism, which is that suddenly you're paying attention to intake and eating more filling foods (i.e. not crap from McDonald's and 7-11.) I don't know if that study has been done. In any event after cheat day, I will keep my carb intake lower than standard American diet, but I'm not going to strive for zero as I have been.

No comments: