Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Bay Bridge Pedestrian Path

I finally got out there on a nice sunny day, hoping to get some bay fog but it receded before me as I ran. You can get from Emeryville to Yerba Buena Island now, but still not from there to the city. Amazingly, originally you couldn't even get all the way from the East Bay to the island. What was the point of that!?!? But I'm glad there's a trail now, even if I'll never approve of the new bridge. Because it's not the old bridge. Get off my lawn kids. First shot is view to the west, climbing the incline approaching the island. It's kind of strange finally being on foot somewhere that you think you know and you've been in a car over a thousand times.




Above: the weird bridge up close. It looks like a squid that's going to get you. I don't like it. Next two below, views back to the East Bay. In the distance you can make out the freight cranes that supposedly inspired the AT-ATs in Star Wars though apparently that's an urban myth.





No comments: