Saturday, December 13, 2008

Volcano Vids from Pacaya, Guatemala

My friend Larry got his bad self married in Guatemala this past summer and honored me by requesting I be the best man, despite that by most reasonable estimations I am very nearly the worst one. Nonetheless I hauled my bad self down there and did my bit. My hosts (his in-laws and their friends and family) were of course incredibly gracious and generous. One day I got antsy and wanted to get out of Guatemala City so I got directions to Pacaya, an active volcano maybe an hour drive outside town.

I got six videos of it you can check out on my Youtube page. I was trying to capture the actual sounds of it erupting for Larry but there's nothing that's obviously volcano vs. wind. Still, here's probably the most interesting one.

No comments: